2017 Ashinaga Fully-funded Undergraduate Scholarships For African Orphans.
This scholarship provides educational and emotional support to orphaned students. It is a full scholarship that covers the cost of tuition, accommodation (during the terms and vacation), insurance, flight, and provides monthly stipend which covers food and necessary academic costs.
Only applicants from these African countries are eligible to apply:
Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Ghana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Sudan, Botswana, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mauritius, Somalia, Nigeria,Gambia.
– Applicants must be a citizen of one of the countries mentioned above.
– Applicants must have lost a parent or both parents.
– Applicants must have completed their primary and secondary school education within the last two years, or will complete 12 years of education by December 31, 2016.
– Applicants must not have the financial means to attend university.
– Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
– Applicants must be born after 1st October 1994.
– Applicants must be able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
– Applicants must be willing to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
– Applicants must be in a good health condition and be able to study abroad.
There are three different ways to apply for this scholarship, By Post, By Email and Online Application.
Applicants should download the application form and completely fill it out and send it by post to;
Ashinaga Africa Initiative Recruitment Team
P. O. Box 16864 – Kampala, Uganda
Applicants should download the application form. Fill it out and send it back attached to an email to email@example.com with the required documents attached.
Interested and eligible applicants should visit this Link to apply
The following documents are required while applying:
– The application form.
– One passport photo.
– Copy of term reports / high school transcripts (the last 2 years).
– Academic transcripts or diplomas from university/post-secondary institution, if applicable.
– Copy of General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE).
– Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s) or alternative official document.
– Copy of birth certificate.
– Recommendation letter from a principal or a class teacher.
– Copy of national ID card or passport.
– Awards or activity certificates, if any.
– Completion of essay 1 and essay 2.
i) Essay 1: Please describe how you grew up and experienced losing your parent(s). What challenges have you faced after the loss and what and how did you do in order to overcome them? Please write in detail especially the action you took to continue further education. (Maximum 500 words)
ii) Essay 2: Please write a “personal statement” in English describing why and what you want to study at university abroad. Also, please mention whether you have any future plans of how you want to use the knowledge and experience that you gain after graduating from university. (Maximum 500 words)
The application deadline for this scholarship is on 28 February 2017
Filed Under: Uncategorized / 6 years ago